Habit 1: Be Proactive
Be Proactive Targets:
I can choose my responses to others online & take responsibility for myself, because I understand that the whole world is watching.
- I can use appropriate etiquette on line.
- I can tell my parents if someone says something that hurts my feeling.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
Begin With the End in Mind Targets:
I can make smart decisions by never giving out my personal information online.
I can always ask my parents before I go online.
I can ask my parents before filling our forms online.
I can promise not to meet someone in person who I’ve met online without my parents’ permission.
Habit 3: Put First Things First
Put First Things First Targets:
I can do my homework or other chores first.
I can ask my parents if I can playon the computer.
I can follow my parents rules about ratings and time allowed on the computer.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
Think Win-Win Targets:
I can solve problems by communicating politely & appropriately with others.
I can recognize that I do not always have to be the winner in a game.
I can be happy for other when they win and encourage everyone to do their best.
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood Targets:
- I can listen to and understand more than one point of view.
- I can evaluate information I get from the web to know if it is valid. I know that not everything I read, hear or see online is true.
- I can make smart decisions about what I watch, play and send, and will ask my parents if I am not sure what’s appropriate.
Habit 6: Synergize
I can work together and learn from others online using collaborative literacy tools (blogs, e-mail, etc.)
I can always do my best when working in a group.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw